- United Way of Calgary and Area
- 2019 Canadian Natural United Way 5k/10k Walk and Run Fundraiser
- Ismael Silva
A Message From Ismael Silva
I am sure we all have seen people on the streets begging and sometimes we do not know if giving direct money is good or not. I believe we can always offer some direct food, or others, however, I am sure that the organizations supporting this programs are much more efficient using every dollar donated, and also they are able to help more people. I encourage you to participate donating so the help gets to more people and we might make a better world for everyone helped.
raised of $100 goal
Location / Venue
- Eau Claire to Prince's Island Park Pathway
- (Meet Near The Eau Claire YMCA, 101 3 Street Southwest)
- Calgary, AB T2P 4G6
- Oct 04, 2019 03:00 pm to
- Oct 04, 2019 05:00 pm
About This Event
WHO: Open to all Canadian Natural Employees
WHAT: Join us in fundraising for a fun walk or run around Prince's Island Park - 5 km or 10km, you choose the distance!
WHEN: Friday, October 4th at 3 PM
WHERE: Starts at Eau Claire Festival Market (177 Barclay Parade SW – in the open space directly east of the YMCA)
WHY: For a great time with your Canadian Natural colleagues, and an even greater cause!
Prizes will be awarded for fastest runners AND the top fundraiser! Feel free to register as a team - costumes are highly encouraged and may result in prizes, bragging rights and/or excessive high-fives along the running route.
Entertainment and after-party to be held at The Garage Sports Bar and Lounge in the Eau Claire Mall (200 Barclay Parade SW, Calgary, AB T2P 4R5).
***HOW TO SIGN UP***
1. To register for the fun run and walk , click "CLICK here to REGISTER" under the “PARTICIPATE in this event" button
2. To activate a personal page for sending to your colleagues friends and family, click “PARTICIPATE in this event" (Suggested fundraising goal: $100).
Can’t run or walk yourself? Support a team or a colleague by clicking “DONATE”. Donations of $25 or more are eligible for tax receipts and 100% of the proceeds will go towards supporting the United Way cause!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Friday, October 4, 2 PM - 7 PM
• 2:00 - 2:45 - Sign in at the registration table to pick up your race bib
• 2:45 - Race kickoff speech
• 2:50 - Pre-race warmup
• 3:00 - 10 KM race starts
• 3:15 - 5 KM race starts
• 4:00 - Awards for fastest times and top fundraiser
• 4:15 - Garage After-Party and Celebration!
WHERE: Eau Claire Festival Market (177 Barclay Parade SW – in the open space directly east of the YMCA)
• Registration tables will be set up under the arch in the open square.
• THIS IS NOT A CHIP-TIMED EVENT. Bibs will be provided and a course marshal will provide an official time - please feel free to use a running app (ex. Runkeeper or Strava) to track yourself!
• Runner registration is a minimum of $25/ person – but we encourage you to fundraise to increase the impact this event will have on our community.
• If you can’t commit now, on-site registration is available for the race between 2 PM to 3 PM
• Individuals only wanting to participate in the Garage After-Party can purchase a ticket for $10
We’re also looking for volunteers to assist with registration, course marshalling, set-up / tear-down, and aid stations - let us know if you’re interested!
Email for more details or to volunteer:
• Nick.Robbins@cnrl.com or David.Willms@cnrl.com
Entertainment and after-party to be held at The Garage Sports Bar and Lounge in the Eau Claire Mall (200 Barclay Parade SW, Calgary, AB T2P 4R5)!